Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I know this is a blog for what makes me happy, but I am just heart broken over this. I know bad things happen all around the world everyday and they are all sad and full of injustice. Read CNN.com for an hour and you will be depressed for the rest of the week. But the recent attacks in Kampala have really gotten to me.

In April, Invisible Children came to BYU. This year the roadies brought Ugandans with them, people who are part of the Schools for Schools program in Gulu. Tony was with the mountain west team. Tony loved us because we had lived in Uganda. We hung out with him for the night, watching Ugandan music videos and talking about Kope Cafe and Garden City and Posho and the Multi-Choice Hotel and everything Uganda.



3 months later, Tony is on CNN



ah! he has already had such an incredibly difficult past (if you've seen the invisible children rough cut, he's in it) and now he has to deal with this. Now Nate Henn's family has to deal with this, he was there doing good good things. We were only with tony for a few hours but still, my heart = broken. But look how strong Innocent and Tony are, how willing they are to keep fighting the good fight. Ha I'm talking like we're best friends. We're not, but they've inspired me. Anyways, pray for Uganda. Pray for Tony. Pray for Nate Henn's family. Pray for hearts to be softened. Pray for peace.

everyone jump upon the peace train
come on now peace trainnn

more about the bombing http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/07/13/uganda.bombing/index.html?iref=allsearch

No comments: