Tuesday, January 04, 2011

change is gonna come

I always freak out about the first day of school. Always. As long as I can remember. It is never as bad as I think it will be, in fact, I usually end up [mostly] enjoying it. I'm always pleasantly surprised, if you will. This night-before-the-first-day-back was no different from the rest: emotions running high, late night phone calls to my mom, tossing and turning all night long. What is my deal?! At least I will definitely be able to relate to my student's first day of school jitters when I am teaching, ha!
This semester will bring an end to a lot of wonderful things that have been my life and my world for so long. And I am quite sure that was the cause of my inner turmoil Monday night. BIG change. I'm ready for the changes and so so excited, but the end is in sight and it is surreal. On Monday, a day filled with best friends, I kind of wanted time to stop. But then I reminded myself, as I have so many many times, that nothing happens until something moves. Right, Albert Einstein? Good things are happening to me and the wonderful people in my life, and it is so exciting to see what is in store for their futures. They are going to do some serious good in this world. So why stop now? We're just barely getting started.
Well, clearly still emotional, on Tuesday morning I found this Mormon Message, which I do not usually seek out. It touched my little heart and spoke to my soul. Tender mercy? Yes yes yes. I am not moving on from some great sin, but I am moving on from clinging too tightly to the past. Because I know, I really do know, that what God has in store for me is bigger and better than what I have going on right now

Such a strong reminder of hope, faith, and trust. Some of my favorite concepts.
Change is gonna come. And I'm excited. Not saying I'm ready, but give me a few months, and I will be. (i better be)

Bring. It. On. 2011.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

aly aly archer. i like this vid. and felt similar this week. i love you mucho.