Thursday, January 27, 2011

amazing. I invite everyone to come to this class with me on Monday nights. You will be non-stop entertained by this fantastic man, "Uncle Cliff", for 2 hours.


"My dear young friends in EDLF 452,

I beg your pardon for having missed our last class. I feel bad about it and hope you will all forgive me. Here is my excuse. It may not constitute a good excuse, but it's a real one, and I've promised the Man Upstairs that I won't tell a lie.

I JUST FLAT-OUT FORGOT. I've never in my 20 years at BYU taught a class on Monday, and this is throwing me for a loop. (I always think our class is on Tuesday and was looking very forward to seeing all of your bright and spiritual faces the next day. Bummer!) What's more, you have already seen my pathetically eroded memory, which can't follow itself more than 6 or 7 sentences at a stretch. Third, I've got some heavy duty family stuff going on right now and it's distracting me more than my usual distracted state. And finally, I don't get "time and space." I'm good at some things, but none of them have to do with time and space. I look so forward to being on the other side of the veil where time/space are, I believe, more poetic, rubbery, and fun.

Anyway, please do forgive me. No new homework. We'll just go over what you've read. And I've got a cool video for you. It is far out, right on, and groovy (as we used to say in my day).

Thanks for your patience with your old Uncle Cliff

Uncle Cliff"

2 comments:

Brittany said...

aaaaaaaa i want him as my teacher so so badly.

The Smiths said...

That is fabulous. You are a lucky girl!