Saturday, December 18, 2010

clap your hands

ya know when you are just bursting with happiness for no reason and you just love the world and every single person you see? yeah, that is how I am feeling.

i'm happy because finals are OVER. 7 finals. over. They are OVER! Did you know that they are over? Praise be.
i'm happy because I heard such beautiful music tonight. from beautiful, humble, talented people. and I was proud of them (well, of him...David Archuleta maybe) for fulfilling his dreams. And singing with the MoTab. Way to go David! I seriously feel like a proud mother.
i'm happy because I get to see my nephews and a new niece tomorrow. And I got to skype with my other niece and her cool parents today. Beautiful.
i'm happy because roommate and I finally got to lay in our room and debrief on lives after a draaaining week.
i'm happy because I just discovered Sufjan's Christmas music. And he has a version of Lo, How a Rose. Haven't heard that song since we sang it in Singers. And no one had heard it then.
i'm happy because I've made decisions and things are happening. And it feels so good
i'm happy because the trees on Temple Square are so immaculately covered in pretty lights.
i'm happy because I made great friends this semester.
i'm happy because people around me are happy and I am happy for them being happy.
i'm happy because I can laugh at dumb things that happen. like say, getting your car towed. what?
i'm happy because we can shout glad tidings of good joy. and really take time to celebrate and reflect on the life of our Savior...with the whole world. How great is that?
i'm happy because I get to see most of my fam very soon. And I like those people. (my only sadness is that the Germans won't be there. that is not happy)
i'm happy because i get to wear my retainer every night.
i'm happy because it feels good to be happy.
call it end of the semester euphoria or yuletide cheer, whatever you wish. but oh my i am happy. bursting, really.

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

this makes me happy! sorry i was debbie downer over here last night blaaaahhhhh you da you da best

Lizzie said...

im so happy you wear your retainer every night too. haha.