Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter

Happy Easter!


My favorite hymn is "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". I love the powerful words, and I love listening to congregations sing the hymn. I love hearing people sing in testimony together that Jesus Christ, our Redeemer, lives again. Today when the choir and congregation sang this hymn in general conference, I just sat and listened, feeling the power of those two words: He Lives! I add my testimony to that song, I do know that my Redeemer lives. And that knowledge brings me so much joy and so much peace that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. We have reason to rejoice because He is risen!

He lives, my kind, wise, heavenly Friend,
He lives and loves me to the end;
He lives, and while He lives, I’ll sing;
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King!

He lives, and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives, my mansion to prepare
He lives, to bring me safely there.

He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives;
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

No comments: