Sunday, January 31, 2010

renewed rebellion

Sundance 2010. lets recap (sticking with the "re" theme of Sundance, obviously)
-two very unique films
-driving down main street of Park City blasting "Paparazzi", looking for paparazzi and their poor subjects
-fresh humor
-meeting people in wait list lines and crowded shuttles
-discussing films with strangers from around the world
-art gallery, free tea bar, pretzel looking non-pretzels, talking with photographer Michael Fatali
-man eating a sandwich he took out of a trash can. i repeat, man eating a sandwich he took out of a trash can
-chips, dr. pepper, and fries
-realizing how grateful I am to live in the United States. and to have the moral standards that I do, not the world's moral standards
-using atms, haven't done that since Uganda
-beautiful mountains and moon
-driving in a snowstorm at night
-ice on the inside of the windshield
-family
-friends

two downsides: 1) getting my car towed. then running after it and watching it disappear around a corner  2) going to Mountain House to find it DOES NOT EXIST anymore and is now Bear Dance Cafe...we were blindsided by the tragedy. literally in shock

My camera and I are not getting along these days so I don't have pictures to prove it, but it was fun to see how this famous Sundance Film Festival works. People are so creative, it blows me away

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When do you do half of those things? Did you go up to Sundance or something??

Lizzy said...

Hahah I love this. "I repeat: man eating a sandwich he took out of the trash can" That was quite interesting.